Below are additional resources for access information and technical assistance.
- Access Resource Network- (under construction)
- Access North-is the Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota, it assists individuals with disabilities to live independently, pursue meaningful goals, and have equal opportunities and choices.
- Building Access Survey (under construction)
- EquipALife is a nonprofit organization that provides access to life changing equipment for people with disabilities.
- FREEDOM Resource Center- Our mission is to work toward equality and inclusion for people with disabilities through programs of empowerment, community education, and systems change.
- Independent Lifestyles-Regional organization advocating on behalf of persons with disabilities, providing social opportunities, PCA program, help moving out of nursing homes.
- MCIL-Metropolitan Center for Independent Living is dedicated to the full promotion of the Independent Living (IL) philosophy by supporting individuals with disabilities in their personal efforts to pursue self-directed lives.
- Minnesota STAR Program- STAR’s mission is to help ALL MINNESOTANS with disabilities gain access to and acquire the assistive technology they need to live, learn, work and play.
- Northwest Dentistry- Myths and facts about Minnesota’s Safe Patient Handling Act. A helpful Q&A is also available.
- Closing The Gap-provides professionals, parents and consumers with the information and training necessary to best locate, compare and implement assistive technology into the lives of persons with disabilities.
- Great Lakes ADA Center-ADA Technical Assistance Center, Great Lakes Region. Provides informal guidance on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and accessible information technology.
- OPTIONS -Interstate Center for Independent Living promotes independence through services. Options offers: Information and Referral, Advocacy, Independent Living Skills, Peer Visiting, Community Education, and Outreach. Options has free loaner equipment for persons in need within the counties they serve.
- SEMCIL-The Southeastern Minnesota Center for Independent Living, Inc. which was founded in 1981, is a non profit organization that promotes independence. (SEMCIL)
- SMILES- Center for Independent Living provides services to individuals with a range of disabilities. Individuals, with disabilities, family members, service providers, community organizations, agencies, and businesses turn to SMILES for information and assistance.
- SWCIL-The Southwestern Center for Independent Living (SWCIL) is a private, non-profit, consumer controlled, non-residential, community based organization whose direction is determined by and for people with disabilities.
- U.S. Access Board -Independent federal agency whose primary mission is accessibility for people with disabilities.
- U. S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page-information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- VSA Minnesota-VSA Minnesota’s mission is to create a community where people with disabilities can learn through, participate in and access the arts.