September 11, 2014
The basement level of the capitol is closed off to the public. Due to current construction activities, there is no elevator access to the basement level of the Capitol. There is elevator access to the other floors of the Capitol, from ground through third. The Capitol elevators should be back in full operation by late November and will provide access to all floors at that time.
- Always double-check and make sure the individual you want to meet with is still residing at the Capitol. Many of the offices and legislators are temporarily residing at other locations. When making an appointment be sure to ask about location and access.
- If you need to access the Capitol, park your vehicle on Aurora Avenue and enter the Capitol through the accessible entrance at the porte-cochere under the south main stairs.
- The availability of accessible restrooms will fluctuate during construction. To compensate for fewer restrooms in the Capitol, there will be several portable toilets installed by the porte-cochere as of December 1st. Currently it is planned that there will be a total of 4 portable heated toilets with one being wheelchair accessible.
- There will be construction activities on all levels of the Capitol during the 2015 session- so plan accordingly.
- Parking Ramp F, accessed off of Rice Street by the Transportation Building. Parking will be available in the ramp in January before session starts. The parking structure will accommodate contract and public parking. Public parking will be available the first floor of the parking ramp and there will 10 public disability parking stalls with 8’ access aisles and 72 metered stalls available. You will not need to take a ticket to park in the public parking area.