Apply now to be a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Council’s Civic Engagement Steering Committee
In January of 2015, Governor Dayton established the Diversity and Inclusion Council. The Council works to improve the recruitment and retention of state employees from diverse backgrounds, expand contracting opportunities for businesses owned by Minnesotans from diverse backgrounds, and increase civic engagement with traditionally underrepresented communities in the State of Minnesota.
The Civic Engagement Steering Committee, chaired by Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR) Commissioner Kevin Lindsey, provides high level vision, accountability, and strategic guidance to ensure that state agencies are meaningfully engaging with underrepresented communities in their work and in the development of policy.
Duties and responsibilities of Steering Committee members include:
- Advise state agencies on the implementation of the Diversity and Inclusion Council’s Civic Engagement Plan.
- Act as a liaison between the Steering Committee and respective communities, agencies, or organizations.
- Provide feedback and accountability on progress being made toward strategy goals.
- Participate in any workgroups as determined by the Steering Committee.
- Act as a spokesperson for the work of the Civic Engagement Plan.
- Attend meetings of the Steering Committee in 2018 on January 11, April 12, July 12, and October 11 from 4:00 – 5:30pm.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to Nick Kor, Civic Engagement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 22 at 5pm. People of color, American Indians, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and those who live in greater Minnesota are highly encouraged to apply.
MDHR will host an information webinar about the Civic Engagement Plan and the Steering Committee on Monday, December 18 at 2:00 pm. To RSVP for this webinar, email Nick Kor, Civic Engagement Director, at email@example.com.