To the MCD Community
The Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) is open and will continue providing services to Minnesotans across the state. We are bringing you the most up-to-date information we have available about our operations and resources.
For COVID-19 information, please visit the Minnesota Department of Health.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for both the people we serve and our employees. Following guidance from Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health, we are taking aggressive steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including implementing social distancing strategies.
We have transitioned most staff to working remotely. Our staff have the tools to provide service by telephone or email. You can expect a response within 1-2 business days. You can reach us by phone at 651-361-7800, or by email at email@example.com.
We will continue to keep you updated during this challenging time. You can find the latest news at our COVID-19 message page.
Thank you for your patience as we make these adjustments.
Laurie Beyer-Kropuenske, Interim Executive Director
- For health questions call 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903.
- For school, child care, and business questions call 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504.
Lines are open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Governor Walz’s Executive Orders
We believe the following Executive Orders are of critical interest to the Disability Community
- Preserving Access to Human Services Programs During the COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency (PDF)
- Securing Federal Authority to Continue Human Services Programs During the COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency (PDF)
- Directing Delay of Inpatient and Outpatient Elective Surgery and Procedural Cases during COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency (PDF)
- Suspending Evictions and Writs of Recovery During the COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency (PDF)
Let Metro Mobility Pick Up Your Grocery Order
Stay home and stay safe. Certified Metro Mobility customers can now order groceries and household essentials online from a store that has online shopping and local pick up. Metro Mobility will pick your order up and deliver to your house.
And the service is free–no fares for delivery. Delivery begins on Sunday, March 22.
For more information, visit the Metro Mobility website.