The Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD), in partnership with the Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (MNCCD), previewed the 2021 Legislative Session.
The Legislative Forum on Disability was a day of dialogue between the disability community and those elected to represent us at the State Capitol. Legislators and other guests showed their commitment to the cause of disability rights and inclusion and listened to the ideas and concerns of Minnesotans with disabilities.
This event was an opportunity for people to ask questions of policymakers concerning what they cared about for the upcoming legislative session.
The Minnesota Council on Disability wants your feedback. Please fill out the following event evaluation. If you still have feedback for the 2021 legislative session, you can leave it on the event valuation or contact Trevor Turner, Public Policy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-350-8642.
Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Zoom Lobby Opens: 8:45 a.m.
- Legislative Forum: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Topic Breakout Sessions: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Notice: Agenda subject to change.
- 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.: Remarks and Presentations
- Welcome by MCD Council Chairperson Nichole Villavicencio and Executive Director David Dively
- Remarks by Legislative Leadership
- Presentation of MCD Public Policy Agenda by Trevor Turner
- Presentation of MNCCD Policy Agenda by Maren Hulden
- Legislative Panel
- Representative Liebling
- Representative Schultz
- Senator Abeler
- Remarks by Governor Walz & Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan
- 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.: Disability Community Panel & Public Comment
- 12:00 to 12:45 p.m.: Health Panel on COVID-19 Response facilitated by Kody Olson
- Jan Malcolm, Commissioner Minnesota Department of Health
- Jodi Harpstead, Commissioner Minnesota Department of Human Services
- 12:55 to 1:30 p.m.: Education Panel facilitated by Alicia Munson, The Arc Minnesota
- Maren Christenson, Multicultural Autism Action Network
- Maren Hulden, Minnesota Disability Law Center
- 1:40 to 2:15 p.m.: Mental Health Panel facilitated by National Alliance on Mental Illness Minnesota
- 2:20 to 3:15 p.m.: “Nothing about us without us”: Equity, Accessibility, & Safety facilitated by Jillian Nelson, Autism Society of Minnesota
- Jules Edwards, Minnesota Autism Council
- Brittanie Wilson, Advocate
Note for legislators: If you are a legislator and would like to participate in a future Legislative Forum, please contact Trevor Turner, MCD Public Policy Director, at email@example.com or call him at 651-350-8642.