Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: Eastside Neighborhood Services, 1700 NE 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Three of the state’s leading disability advocacy organizations are joining forces to conduct a hands-on workshop to equip people with disabilities, advocates, and family members with tools, guidance, and a greater understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The workshop will help participants develop effective ways to address building access and compliance issues.
Representatives from ADA Minnesota, the Metropolitan Center for Independent Living (MCIL), and the Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) have a half-day of training planned.
The workshop includes:
- Civic Engagement, how to get involved in your community and communicate effectively;
- Understanding Your Rights under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III and barrier removal law;
- and Understanding Minnesota Building Codes including technical requirements and hands-on training with measuring tools.
- Accessing Your Community Businesses (PPT)
- Bathroom Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Disability Parking Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Entrance Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Building Access Short Survey (Word)
- Access Violation Notice (PDF)
- Parking Violation Notice (PDF)