[Photo credit: Doug Knutson]
MCD is excited to announce the Annual Disability Day at the Capitol – Rally, March & Roll Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Disability Day at the Capitol is hosted by the Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities.
Disability Day at the Capitol is the MN Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities’ biggest advocacy day for the people with disabilities, their family members, allies, and professionals.
Join advocates from around the state. Together, we’ll call on legislators to support policy change and funding that promotes independence, choice, and inclusion for people with disabilities and their families.
Five hundred advocates joined the event in 2018, and we’re hoping for even greater turnout this year!
COME OUT TO SUPPORT THE DISABILITY COMMUNITY and MAKE YOUR VOICE KNOWN!
Disability Day at the Capitol
Rally, March & Roll
Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Time: 9:00 am to noon
- 9:00 a.m.: Check-in/Registration, Department of Transportation Cafeteria
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Issue & Advocacy Mini-Training: Department of Transportation Basement and Cafeteria
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Poster Making & Tabling
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: March/Roll to Capitol Building
- 11:00 a.m. to 11: 45 a.m.: Rally in Capitol Rotunda
The MNCCD policy priorities to be addressed during the rally include:
- Reducing parental fees associated with Medical Assistance-TEFRA (Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act) to ensure that all Minnesota children with disabilities get the supports they need to build a foundation for success, regardless of parental income.
- Changes in state policy so people with disabilities can keep more of their Social Security Income and still receive the Medical Assistance (MA) services they need.
- Reforming Minnesota’s PCA program with a data-driven framework to support long-term sustainability of this cost-effective service, which helps people with disabilities live and work as independently as possible.
Notice: The Arc Minnesota is handling registration for this event.
- CART Services, ASL Interpreting Services and audio description services provided without request by MCD.
- For the safety of all participants, this is a SCENT-FREE event.
To ask questions or to request accommodations, contact Gene Martinez at email@example.com or 952-920-0855. Please let us know of any event accommodation request by February 5.
- Advocating Change Together
- The Arc Minnesota
- The Autism Society of Minnesota
- Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
- Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
- Minnesota Council on Disability
- Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- Proof Alliance (formerly MOFAS)
- Metropolitan Center for Independent Living