MCD advises the Governor, Legislature, state agencies and the public on disability issues. Issues the Council works on are accessibility/ADA, rights, employment and transportation policy, emergency preparedness and Olmsted.
If you are someone who has a disability, who works with people with disabilities, or who is a family member of a person with a disability, Council membership may be for you!
- Meetings are held six times per year, meeting locations may vary. During COVID, meetings are held virtually.
- Council members are appointed by the Governor.
- Members are reimbursed for mileage, meals and given a per diem stipend for work.
If you are interested in serving on the Council, visit the Minnesota Secretary of State’s How To Apply page.
Open Council Regions
Council seats are determined by economic region. Find your economic development region.
(Updated March 23, 2023)
We are currently looking for a total of nine applicants from the following region(s):
One vacancy in Region 5
Crow Wing County
One vacancy in Region 6E
One vacancy in Region 6W
Big Stone County
Lac qui Parle County
Yellow Medicine County
One vacancy in Region 7E
Mille Lacs County
Submit an Application
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Open Appointments Application Form – completed, signed & dated
- Letter of Interest
- Resume or Biography
To submit your application
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- online: Help & How Tos – Secretary of State
- by mail or in person:
Secretary of State’s Office
180 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
St Paul, MN 55155
If you need additional assistance with the application process please call 651-361-7800 or email at email@example.com.