On this page:
Date: Thursday, March 30th
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Add the event to your calendar (ics)
Virtual event via Zoom
ASL and live captioning provided
The Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) hosted a Legislative Forum in December. During the forum, we were not able to have time for public comment. Session is well underway, and we are making progress. Now it’s time to talk about it.
Review the 2023 MCD Legislative Forum video:
Registration not required to attend. However, if you would like to participate in the Public Remarks segment, please email Axel Kylander. Requests need to be submitted by Wednesday, March 29, 5:00 pm.
- ASL and CART will be provided.
- You can enable captions in Zoom or access them in a separate window using StreamText.
- You you can customize Zoom screen reader alerts, including those for incoming chat messages.
- You are welcome to use chat throughout the event. However, we will not publicly respond to messages until the Large Group Q&A portion.
- Be respectful and keep your comments relevant to the topic being discussed.
- We encourage you to use reaction emojis to show support for a topic.
- To ensure that everyone has time to express their thoughts, we will limit speakers to 3 minutes each.
- We encourage speakers to use prepared remarks or bullet points to ensure they stay under 3 minutes.
Large Group Q&A
- Use Zoom’s raise hand feature to be put in the queue to speak.
- If you are dialing in by phone, you can use *9 (star nine) to raise your hand.
- We will limit speakers to 3 minutes each.
Note: Agenda subject to change. Please check this page for updates.
- Welcome: MCD Council Chair Nikki Villavicencio
- Opening Remarks: Trevor Turner, MCD Public Policy Director
- Public Remarks: Axel Kylander, Public Policy Associate
- Individuals who would like to participate in the Public Remarks segment must email Axel Kylander by March 29, 5:00 pm.
- Large Group Q&A: Trevor Turner
- Wrap-up and Next Steps: Trevor Turner
Public policy plays a role in all our lives, but people with disabilities are often directly affected by these decisions. With every policy, it is important to ask: Will this enhance or limit:
- our ability to get around the community?
- our opportunities for employment?
- our options for home care support?
- our independence?
Uninformed policy often has unintended consequences.
The March 2023 Legislative Forum Listening Session is an opportunity for Minnesotans with disabilities to:
- share their perspectives
- provide input on issues and policies that impact them
Your input will help us to better advise the state government on disability issues.
Disability-related Bill Tracking
Visit our bill tracking page to catch up on how we are advancing disability-related policy during legislative session.
What do you think of our bill tracking efforts? MCD wants to know. We would appreciate it if you took the time to fill out this bill tracking survey. Thank you.