Date: Thursday, March 30th
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Add the event to your calendar (ics)
Virtual event via Zoom
ASL and live captioning provided
Registration not required to attend. However, if you would like to participate in the Public Remarks segment, please email Axel Kylander. Requests need to be submitted by Wednesday, March 29, 5:00 pm.
Note to screen reader users: You you can customize Zoom alerts, including those for incoming chat messages.
US (San Jose): +16692545252,,1607886853#,,,,*704809#”
Find your local number
The Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) hosted a Legislative Forum in December. During the forum, we were not able to have time for public comment. Session is well underway, and we are making progress. Now it’s time to talk about it.
Review the 2023 MCD Legislative Forum video:
Note: Agenda subject to change. Please check this page for updates.
- Welcome: MCD Council Chair Nikki Villavicencio
- Opening Remarks: Trevor Turner, MCD Public Policy Director
- Facilitated Public Remarks
- Individuals who would like to participate in the Public Remarks segment must email Axel Kylander.
- Facilitated Large Group Q&A
- Wrap-up and Next Steps: Trevor Turner
Public policy plays a role in all our lives, but people with disabilities are often directly affected by these decisions. With every policy, it is important to ask: Will this enhance or limit:
- our ability to get around the community?
- our opportunities for employment?
- our options for home care support?
- our independence?
Uninformed policy often has unintended consequences.
The March 2023 Legislative Forum Listening Session is an opportunity for Minnesotans with disabilities to:
- share their perspectives
- provide input on issues and policies that impact them
Your input will help us to better advise the state government on disability issues. Please review our and Bill Tracking page to catch up on how we are advancing disability-related policy during legislative session.