- Have you prepared a detailed plan of action?
- Have you assembled a peer support group?
- Do you need assistance during an evacuation?
- If yes, have you contacted or registered with your local fire and police departments?
- Have you contacted friends or family members within 15 to 40 miles to make emergency arrangements for temporary livestock care?
- Do you have legal and adequate marking on your livestock in order to prove ownership?
- Have you prepared a livestock disaster box with veterinarian contact information, ropes, halters, concentrated feed, medicines, copies of ownership papers, buckets or feed nets, garden hose, flashlight or lantern, blankets or tarps, portable radio and spare batteries, and livestock first aid supplies?
Note: This checklist is also available as a PDF document.