MCD advises the Governor, Legislature, state agencies and the public on disability issues. Issues the Council works on are accessibility/ADA, rights, employment and transportation policy, emergency preparedness and Olmsted.
If you are someone who has a disability, who works with people with disabilities, or who is a family member of a person with a disability, Council membership may be for you!
- Meetings are held four times per year (meeting locations may vary).
- Council members are appointed by the Governor.
- Members are reimbursed for mileage, meals and given a per diem stipend for work.
If you are interested in serving on the council, visit the Minnesota Secretary of State website for an application.
Open Council Regions
Council seats are determined by economic region. Find your economic development region.
(Updated May 8, 2018)
We are currently looking for members in the following region(s):
- Beltrami County
- Clearwater County
- Hubbard County
- Lake of the Woods County
- Mahnomen County
Submit an Application
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Open Appointments Application Form – completed, signed & dated
- Letter of Interest
- Resume or Biography
Submit your application
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- online: http://www.sos.state.mn.us/boards-commissions
- by mail or in person:
Secretary of State’s Office
180 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
St Paul, MN 55155
If you need assistance with the application process please contact Shannon Hartwig at 651-361-7808 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.